Teeth can appear duller for a number of reasons, such as diet, ageing, certain medications, smoking and trauma. Teeth whitening is a gentle chemical process used to eliminate discolouration and lighten teeth, giving you a noticeably brighter and more youthful looking smile.
Boutique whitening is a more affordable option and it consists of a day and night whitening system which uses a high-quality whitening gel with built-in compounds that reduce tooth sensitivity.
Trays with the whitening gel are worn during the day for about an hour and then a different slower acting gel is used at night for about 4 hours. This combined treatment achieves excellent results for our patients.
Enlighten tooth whitening is a system of whitening gels, super-seal trays, whitening toothpaste and a nano tooth repair serum which prevents any sensitivity usually experienced with other whitening systems.
The difference between Enlighten whitening and other teeth whitening systems is in the results. Enlighten whitening is the whitest natural shade ensuring you will never be disappointed with the results.
- Impressions are taken of your teeth, so customised whitening trays can be produced to fit comfortably and securely.
- When ready, you will wear these at home with a bleaching gel for a specified time each day.
- After completing the treatment, which will take a few weeks, you will attend a follow-up appointment to check your teeth have been successfully lightened.
Professional home whitening treatment is a superior alternative to kits that can be bought over the counter because the mouth trays are designed to be a perfect fit, which allows the active gel to work more effectively. The bleaching agent is also more potent and offers enhanced lightning power.
We recommend you use our home whitening kits as they are more effective and allow us to keep a close eye on your teeth and help avoid side effects such as gum irritation and tooth sensitivity.
This involves placing a whitening agent inside a discoloured tooth that has had root canal therapy, which means the inner part of the tooth (the ‘pulp’) has been removed and replaced with a rubber filling.
- The lighting product is inserted into a drilled hole and then sealed with a temporary filling.
- About a week later, the filling and the bleach are removed, and the process is repeated if necessary. The hole is permanently sealed with a tooth-coloured filling when the ideal shade is achieved.
Teeth whitening will only work on natural teeth and will not be effective on replacement ‘false’ teeth such as crowns, veneers or dentures. However, they can be replaced to match newly whitened teeth.
You can help maintain the whiteness of your teeth by avoiding food and drink that may cause staining and brushing your teeth at least twice a day.
Teeth whitening does not give permanent results, but home whitening trays can be reused if a top-up is necessary.