Download our Invisalign Info Pack
This subtle treatment uses tailor-made aligners to gradually move your teeth to a neater position. Its main advantage being that the clear aligners are virtually invisible. They are also comfortable and can be taken out, so you can keep your teeth and gums clean, and there is no restriction on what you can eat.
This system uses 3D technology to produce the aligners, which are then changed every two weeks so the movement of your teeth is precisely controlled. Treatment times are shorter and as there are no braces and wires, you’ll spend less time having adjustments.
Comfortable, clear and removable – Invisalign transforms your smile without disrupting your life – something that over 6 million people worldwide have already discovered.
What can Invisalign treat?
- Overly crowded teeth
- Widely spaced teeth
- Cross bite
- Deep bite
- Open bite
How does the treatment work?
- You meet with an Invisalign Provider for a consultation about your treatment.
- To create your personalised Invisalign treatment plan we take some photographs and impressions and send this to Invisalign.
- A virtual 3D treatment plan is generated that shows you the expected movement of your teeth from their current position to the desired final position. This is called the “Clincheck” stage
- Once you and your Invisalign Provider have approved the treatment plan, the aligners are custom-made to fit your teeth. The number of aligners varies for each person.
- You wear your aligners about 20 to 22 hours every day, except to eat, brush, and floss, or for a specific occasion.
- Every two weeks, you switch to a new set of aligners. The aligners will gradually move your teeth towards their final prescribed position.
What types of Invisalign treatment are there?
This type of aligner is used in cases where there are slight dental abnormalities. It can also be used for amendment of minor relapse cases. This aligner is particularly good for small aesthetic improvements or where minor treatment is required – This could be treating slight overcrowding cases or perhaps that single annoying crooked tooth that has always been an eyesore in photos. You may need up to 7 aligners in total to complete the treatment. Treatment is often limited to the front 8 teeth.
This aligner is perfect for a case in which the bite is considered normal, but the upper front teeth overlap the lower front teeth by a small amount. It is a basic, dual arch treatment that uses up to 14 removable clear aligners and allows patients a shorter more affordable treatment. Ideal for those who need the positioning of their teeth adjusted and straightened before cosmetic work whether that be veneers crowns or bridges.
Invisalign Full is the original and most well-known aligner. It is used to treat the more complex orthodontic conditions. On average treatment time can range from 12 to 18 months but differs from person to person. In most cases it may be necessary to fit small attachments onto your teeth to help achieve certain movements. These are very discreet and your orthodontist will be able to show you some examples before you start your treatment.
Why choose Invisalign?
- Nearly-invisible aligners mean hardly anyone will notice that you are straightening your teeth.
- The removable aligners allow you to maintain your dental hygiene, brushing and flossing as usual.
- You can also remove the aligners briefly to eat, drink or for special occasions.
- Even before you start treatment you’ll know how long your treatment may take and what your teeth are expected to look like at the end.
- Unlike outdated fixed metal braces, there are no metal brackets or wires – this means that in most cases your treatment length is up to 50% shorter.
- Invisalign are effective for a wide variety of cases – their material SmartTrack makes Invisalign treatment effective for complex cases.
- Invisalign appointments work within your schedule with the surgery open from 9am-7pm.
- The aligners are made especially to fit your teeth and the shape of your mouth.
- Invisalign treatment enables you to view your virtual results and treatment plan before you even agree to go ahead with treatment – this way you can see how your teeth are expected to look when your treatment is complete.
- Invisalign Clear Aligners reduce damage to teeth and gums as metal braces contain wire and bits of metal that can puncture and/or scratch the insides of the mouth and gums.
How much will Invisalign cost me?
We strive to make dental treatment affordable to you and with our finance options you can pay as little as £1.64 a day for orthodontic treatment.
Due to the varying complexities of individual cases the prices for Invisalign vary and will be finalised at your consultation.
- Invisalign Go – £1800 – £2200
- Invisalign Lite – £2500 – £2800
- Invisalign Full – £3500 – £4000
Are there any risks to Invisalign treatment?
- Failure to wear the appliances for the required number of hours per day, not using the product as directed by your doctor, missing appointments, and erupting or atypically shaped teeth can lengthen the treatment time and affect the ability to achieve the desired results
- Slight tenderness may be experienced after switching to the next aligner in the series. This way we know things are working.
- Aligners may cause a temporary increase in salivation or mouth dryness
- Teeth may require interproximal re-contouring or “slenderizing” in order to create space needed for dental alignment to occur.
- Aligners are not effective in the movement of dental implants.
- We will need to check the stability of all other existing dental restorations (e.g. crowns) to ensure they aren’t dislodged.
How do I look after my aligners?
Some foods and drinks can cause your aligners to stain so you may want to remove them when you drink something other than water. Whenever your aligners are out of your mouth, keep them safe in their protective case.